Friday, April 1, 2011

Before meps experience and meps experience

       Meps was not as bad as i though it would be, it was a big hurry up and wait thing and we did a lot of waiting. I finally went down to meps February 7, 2011, 5 months after i first talked to a recruiter. i was over weight. and didn't take the asvab yet. I finally got my weight down and then took the asvab and i got a 25 on it, i was so disappointed.I waited a month to retake it and got a 28 on it. The truth was i was pissed. Two times i took this test and failed it.  I found a online tutor and finally passed it with a 41.
       A weeks later i was heading to meps proud that didn't give up, most people quit after then failed the asvab, most all of them quit when they fail it the second time. I got to the hotel February 7 and sighed in. This hotel was a 5 star hotel the one we slept in was more like a motel lol, it sucked. I got in my room and the room looked like the scene for the Hangover, our bed were trashed, girls underwear were in the bathroom. lol. It was dinner call  and we ate at the 5 star hotel, it had more junk food there then real food. I ate the chicken there it was good, time to sleep.
         I got an hour of sleep. There was a party outside and it was too loud to sleep. My roommate was gone his ship date got changed because it was storming in Chicago. Navy boot camp.  I was all alone in my room bored to death. Got the wake up call at 4:30. we all went to the 5 star hotel to eat, i didn't eat much there, i was to nervous about gaining weight. We got there and we started to fill out paper work, then the first thing i had to do was to pee. i was saving it for the pee test. I got my blood pressure done, hearing, eye test, blood drown, then the pee test, there was a total of 10 other men i there, the flow started going good then it stopped. lol then i started thinking of a river flowing. It works.
       After that i had to spread them and cough. that part sucked. i finally got sworn in and took the oath. i was proud of myself for the first time in years.
Images this was the dirty room, i couldn't take a picture of the underwear in the bathroom, i was ROTFL.
image
all by myself. bored.

2 comments:

  1. tips for meps, just listen to them and it will run smooth. don't pee in the morning SAVE IT for the pee test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, that is a very good description of where you were and what was and Wasn't happening . I am very proud of you and you will hear from me often when you report. You will never be left out of mail call!
    Honey , the man you showed yourself to be by sticking with your commitment to the Army, makes me so happy that you chose to be one of the finest military in the world. You will make a difference for all of us, and my wish for you is too keep that "Home team USA" always in your heart.
    I love your Blog, Aunt G.

    ReplyDelete